There are three elements to growth that FRN will look at in terms of membership:
- Encouraging expansion of reuse services in size and geographical scope so that the sector is supporting all those in society who need support, plus ensuring we gain access to all reusable goods wherever they may arise.
- Encouraging members to diversify their activities to ensure business sustainability and to ensure that a comprehensive service is offered that meets the needs of suppliers and partners.
- Encouraging an expansion in FRN membership base, through the profiling and recognition of the value that FRN member services provide and through encouraging new entrants into the reuse sector.
FRN is a network that delivers change and opportunity
By providing the network with the direction and means to sustain and increase their activities FRN has established itself as the network that delivers change and opportunity and saves its members’ time, resources and money.
We do this by:
- Supporting the operational growth and robustness of the reuse sector through, standards and guidance, market development, diversification, quality standards and commercial partnerships
- Publication of ‘Good Practice Guidance’
- Producing and promoting a set of national standards for re-use organisations
- Identifying sources of finance for our members
- Investigating opportunities for sustainable business expansion and diversification for the sector
- Developing partnerships with other socially driven sectors which benefit our members and their customers
- Developing good practice in the areas of training, volunteering and work related placements