As a national charity working on behalf of the furniture re-use sector, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to join our small team based in Bristol. Ideally part qualified (ACA/FCA, ACCA/FCCA, CIMA or CIPFA) and with some real world experience, you will work closely with all members of the team keeping an official track of organisational spending and incoming payments from the membership network.
As Finance Officer, key responsibilities will include:
- Balancing accounts
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments in a timely manner
- Reconciling bank statements and managing unreconciled items
- Preparing cash flow statements
- Credit control across the charity & trading company
- Issuing cheques and BACS for all accounts
- Ensuring the accounting system is maintained and accurate
- Running Sage Accounting System and producing relevant reports.
The Finance Officer is an integral part of our team of professionals who work hard and who are extremely passionate about what they do and how they impact society through the important work of our membership network. Our charity is in the throes of a step change with expected huge growth over the next few years and we need you to be able to keep pace through strong financial capability, excellent communication skills, with resilience and resourceful approach, and be ready to go the extra mile and balance priorities in order to deliver the high standard of service necessary.
Excellent computer literacy including Sage experience is essential.